Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 3 months ago

Why is it not possible to experience an authentic French sauce by frying mushroom in Crème Fraîche?

Could someone from France answer? as I am asking this on Yahoo UK and always get answers from Americans thousands of miles away across the Atlantic

Before put the crème fraîche, fry your mushrooms in some oil and butter ( more or less 50 / 50), once they are golden add the crème + salt and pepper..

I'm French by the way.

• denise

If you saute some mushrooms in a little seasoned butter, then add some crème fraiche, you'll have a creamy mushroom sauce, not sure about the authenticity though.

The French mushroom sauce is called Sauce Morel. It is a beefy sauce with heavy cream added. If you're not just trolling, the source below is a video of a French chef making sauce morel.

The French use special ingredients like basil pesto.

Maybe they don't make mushroom sauce that way in France. If they don't, then a mushroom sauce made that way can't be authentically French.

• kswck2

Since that is a white, um, sauce, why would you fry mushrooms in it, knowing well that mushrooms will give up their water and possibly dilute the sauce?