Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Is it normal to still check out women if you are married? ?

My wife and I went to the beach and I couldn’t help but notice the good looking young women on the beach. My wife caught me looking and got very upset. I made no advances just sat on my beach chair and looked. The ones in skimpy swimsuits are hard to miss. I’m sure even the ladies notice them too!

Yes, it's normal and smart goes for women too.  We all check other people out...you're married not dead.

Yeah, normal for men, wear sun glasses man, pretend you're not looking. 

You're normal, but it's always a good idea not to be so obvious when you're with your woman.  I'm sure she noticed some guys too.  It happens. 

Your wife Never scopes out a good looking man or woman, Never.  Okay dude get 2 sets of blinders that they put on race horses and your wife will also not look at attractive people without her turning her head and you knowing.  Are we three? 

Scantily clad girls on the beach are a wonderful part of the ambiance. They Want people to look at them. Like the muscle bound d!ck heads. She seems insecure and it is your duty to rectify that,....DUDE.           

N.

Of course we all notice. You would be wise to make comments about both men and women to normalize a natural tendency to appreciate human beauty. Simply staring is rude, but sharing your observations should be fine.

Men and women are hard wired to admire and look at people of the opposite sex. Yes, women are too! If you have a good healthy marriage then no harm no foul. 

• Kelly

I assume it is.   

I notice/check out other men I think are attractive and I'm happily married so I assume my husband does too.

We're married, not dead.

• P

My grandfather used to say as long as I have eyes that can see and a heartbeat I will look.  He was happily married for over 50 years.  Men are biologically wired a certain way.  We have control over our actions, however I find it impossible to simply not take notice of attractive women on some level.   Regardless wearing sunglasses helps with your issue. ;)

Yeah, your hormonal responses don't just go away because of a marriage ceremony.

But hopefully the rational part of your brain values what you have with your wife.

You can look and enjoy, and your wife will probably see guys that she likes too, but you want your marriage to be built on strong foundations.

When a relationship is strong enough, couples can look at other people and say "wow, she's hot" or "wow, he's hot", and it's not an issue, because you are paired for life and you love it.

That depends on your spouse. And yourself....would you mind her checking out good-looking guys?