East
East asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Friends who don’t pay you back on time, when asked?

What is wrong with people?

I loaned Former Friend 1 a lot of money.  He defaulted on the debt and I had to go after him with a lawyer to get repaid.

I vented about this to Friend 2.  Friend 2 also wanted to borrow so I agreed to loan a little bit to him.  We also have a strong contract, in my favor, with clear due dates.

Friend 2 missed a due date and I reminded him of the due date and that I wanted the repayments to be automatic; I didn’t want to be in the debt collection business.

Friend 2 then paid, but this month he missed another payment date.

WTF is wrong with people (other than me for being so retarded; I know not to lend to anyone ever again)?

• Tj

Stop lending people money. Stay on top of these people until you get all the money back.DO NOT lend any more money to anyone, unless you are prepared to not get it back, or have to go to court to get it. These people are NOT your friend.

WTF is wrong with you passing out loans?  You obviously aren't mature enough to realize that people don't usually pay back "loans".  Maybe stop giving people money.  

I've been there 2700 dollars twice, except you were smart enough to make a contract. This is why loaning friends or family is a bad idea!