FDR was elected 4 times

62 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes or Michelle Obama.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

According to the U.S. Constitution - a person can only serve two terms as President.

Yes, FDR was elected 4 times but since then - the rules have changed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I never liked Obama but I'd take him over slow Joe anytime

• 1 month ago

I never liked Obama but I'd take him over slow Joe anytime

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The REAL reason we can not elect Obama. It's not because he had 2 previous terms, because the 3rd term would not be "consecutive". Theoretically, every voter in the United States could "write him in". But were that to happen, in the unlikely event that the people unanimously gave him the popular vote, it would be irrelevant. The Electoral College would still make its own decision, which alone can elect anyone. You, you can elect no-one. Your vote does not engage the machinery of government, because it's not connected. Like a little wheel a child is given to play with, it just spins independently and cannot combine its force with any other wheel, nor with any number of wheels. Not even ALL of them, were they all to be set spinning in the same direction. Yours is but a toy vote. That's the truth and you know who told you the truth, was Donald Trump in his 2016 campaign. Everything he told you has been the truth all along, however unsavoury.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Obama can’t run for a third term.  The Constitution has limits to two terms for each President.

• 2 months ago

I suppose a handsome liar would appeal more to the left than a senile one, but you can thank the corrupt DNC for selecting your candidate for you.

• 2 months ago

Regardless of why 22 was passed. It's hard Constitutional law. No one can be elected to more than 2 terms as president, which Obama was. Deal with it. Now, technically speaking, Obama could serve as VP. Then, if Biden resigns as president or croaks, Obama could serve again as president for the remainder of that term. But that's it.

• 2 months ago

Dude, you know the answer

• 2 months ago

Because a 244 year old piece of paper says you can’t just re-elect Obama.

Actually the 22nd amendment exists on a 244 year old piece of paper.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.