Grease a pan pie? Is that correct?

Thank you

• WOOWHO

in some recipes  that is a direction

No. Pie crust is made with plenty of fat (butter, shortening, or lard) and does not need the pie tin to be creased.  CAKE pans and sometimes BREAD pans require greasing and flouring to keep the very wet batter from sticking.  Pie dough is not wet.

You can't grease pan pie because it will ruin the pan. You'll want to use something more potent like lard or butter.

I n ever have greased the pan when making pie when using a traditional crust. there is more than enough fat in the crust to self greast the pan.

• denise

Yes, I usually use oven spray, and maybe a sprinkle of flour, just 'in case'.

• RJ

Yes, that is the correct terminology

I don't think I can recall my mother ever greasing a pie pan, generally the crust has enough fat in it that it shouldn't stick. 

• kswck2

Depends on the 'Grease'. Pam, lard, Crisco, butter? 

• CB

Grease a pie pan is correct 

• 🦋

Grease the tray and add extra flour to dough so it's not as sticky