Did Barack Obama support the LGBTQ community?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • nappa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He lit our white house in gays colors..shame on him...they don't deserve that,Homosexuality is a sin against God. those who life that way will have to ask to be forgiven..Most don't care what they do, God is who they have to be worried about

• 2 months ago

He was anti-same-sex marriage, which is tantamount to anti-gay, until he changed his mind for political reasons. Similar to good old Hillary and John Kerry! And that liberal icon, Bill Clinton, implemented don’t ask don’t tell. Yet somehow we all still believe that the Democrats are the party of the LBGTQ community. Go figure

• 2 months ago

Well, if he did then he supported an imaginary community. The LGBTQ community doesn't exist. It's just a ridiculous, tiresome fantasy.

• 2 months ago

He's an opportunist. He only started supporting gay rights because he wanted their votes, just like Hillary.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I think you can tell me. Obama opposed gay marriage during the time California voted on the issue. 

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Well considering he’s married to a transsexual formerly known as Michael, I would say that’s a given.

• 2 months ago

Is that even a question? He did so much for the LGBTQ+ community during his presidency, like repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and legalizing same-sex marriage. As he also once said:

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

He opposed gay marriage. When it became politically useful, he started supporting homosexuality.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Unquestionably yes. In fact since he was so staunch a supporter of the lgbt community, I can’t understand why you would ask this question. It was not that long ago when he was still in power. 

• Tom
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes .

His admin helped pass the hate crimes prevention act , set up anti-bullying taskforces , organized summits on strategies to protect students.

They supported legislation against so called conversion therapy , 

They funded Services and Advocacy for LGBT Elders , 

They required hhs funded hospitals to respect lgbt peoples visitation rights ,

They ended don't ask don't tell ( meaning people could openly serve in the military) , 

They stopped defending the legal basis for the defense of marriage act in 2011 ,

When section 3 of the defence of marriage act was deemed unconstitutional by the supreme court Obama instructed his cabinet to to review over 1,000 federal statutes and regulations .

In July 2014 Obama signed an Executive Order prohibiting federal contractors from discriminating against any employee or applicant “because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin,” continuing to set an example as a model employer that does right by its employees

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.