Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 2 months ago

When it comes to appliances which brand is better?

Considering, it's price, quality, performance and long-term function.  

I am in my late 70th. I had a few fridge/ freezers. Hotpoint is my worst. I would go for a bigger brand next time.

The brand which gives better After-Sales services locally ! :)

Bigger the name the better the brand, usually.

Several decades ago, 

this question might have been answerable, 

but it is not now because brand quality is generally poor acrosss the board 

until you can spend a lot more than base prices. 

For example, if you are looking at a $600 dishwasher, 

it will probably be about the same as any other in that range. 

$1500 might get you something better. 

Brands matter less than features and warranties. What you should do is check both--FIRST. Find out what features you want in an appliance--for instance if you're buying a refrigerator, do you want a side-by-side or top/bottom type? Do you need glass shelves that pull out, or are shelves that stay in place okay? Do you want something basic, or something with a "smart" feature like a USB port or monitor screen in the door? Do you NEED that ice-maker? Do you want drawers that hold a little or a lot?

Figure out your needs first--then go to the appliance store and LOOK AT THEM. Open them up, pull out the shelves and drawers, find out what temperature controls there are and if they're convenient--then check what warranty is on the unit. How long is it warranted for? Will they install it? Will they come and take away your old one at the same time they bring the new one?  Ask a lot of questions based on your needs.  THEN ask the price. If it's too high, walk away and start shopping at other places for THAT SAME UNIT. Find the place that gives you the best price. Don't worry about the brand. 

You will find there's not a lot of variation in quality across all brands. What differs is the features the appliance has--whether it suits YOU or not--and the policies of the company warranty and the store you buy it from. Those things are way more important than name.  

• F

I used to like Bosch but feel their quality has dropped in recent years.

Have mostly Samsung in the kitchen now. Found Hotpoint most unreliable but Indesit from the same company are cheap and cheerful and always reliable .

Had mostly LG televisions recently but the last one only lasted 6 years , annoyingly just out of warranty. 

It depends on peoples choices. To me, I prefer DEFY appliances. Its not that expensive, works perfectly, lasts long and many more. 

• David

Depends on what kind of appliance.  Learn hoe to ask a question properly and you will get better answers.  Or learn the goggle.

This one. A colonoscopy is a procedure to examine the inside of your colon (intestine) with a scope. A scope is a flexible tube with a small light and camera on the end. Look for the answer there.

• Stacie

If you are in America, most of the main appliance makers are pretty competitive. 

Lg, whirlpool, GE, Samsung etc all have different pros and cons depending which appliance. 

Viking is apparently one of the better fridges, but its so far out of my price range I haven't even cared to look at one. 

Bosch is really well recommended for washers and dryers, co worker has a set and swears by them. I have LG and have never had a single issue. 

Personally, I went with LG for the whole house just so everything matched. I replaced everything about 3 years ago, and not a single issue on any appliance. I am not saying that they are the best, just personally price, you can get them at home depot, lowes, or best buy with a 3-5 year warranty and everything works on them and they look nice. 

The only appliance I did have go out, was before we upgraded and that was our whirlpool washer, not once but twice. However they did fix it under warranty both times. But it was enough of a headache to not make me rebuy them 

Hope that helps