Betul asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Can I give my kitten probiotics without consulting a vet?

Is it something harmless? Is it just like a supplement? She is an abandoned 5 week old kitten

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No! Please don't do this. I know you are concerned for your little kitty. But anything like that could make Kitty Ill. You don't know the reaction that her body might have. Probiotics in the wrong dosage can cause uncontrollable diarrhea and illness and your cat could become dehydrated and or get very sick or die. Please take her to the vet.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NO.  Take the kitten to the vet to give the proper medications.  I'm sure its full of parasites and may have other issues.

• 2 months ago

NEVER GIVE YOUR CAT MEDICINE WITHOUT CONSULTING  A VET! Human medicine can kill a cat, and even if it's cat medicine it could easily be the wrong type. You need expert advice!

• 2 months ago

Please check with your vet *first*, including before giving any types of supplements.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • jean
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

not if it is for humans

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i think you should ask your vet about it

• 2 months ago

Yes, you can give her probiotics.  However, just like supplements for humans this is a waste of your money.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.