Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

How good is this vaccination campaign poster?

I designed this to motivate people to get the vaccine for COVID-19 when it comes out. The main feat of vaccination is fear of needles so does this poster help.over come that by presenting an exaggerated version of tyranophobia? 

• John P

Fear of needles is the physical bit. But in some parts of the world including the USA there are 'anti-vac' movements which will not have their children, and presumably their adults, immunised against anything. So that is something to think about also.

• drip

How do you know it is going to hurt to get the shot? And hurt as much as your poster depicts. This just enhances the fear that the vaccine will hurt a lot, making people who have a fear of needles just back off more.  It does the opposite of what you are trying to promote.  

• Ludwig

Not positive enough.  Try this one:

No, the main reasons why people aren't going to want the vaccine are because they think it isn't safe, they think it won't work, OR they belong to the segment of the population that still believes that vaccines cause Autism. (They DON'T- and this has been well proven by years of research, but people still believe the garbage that was first touted by the now disgraced Dr. Andrew Wakefield and the rest of the Anti-Vaxxer movement.)

A poster like this is good for people who are into sports, etc. Or for the military. But for those who are scared of vaccines in general, it won't go over well.

• Kenny

No, I think a little girl getting a lollipop for being brave may do more for the cause .

Well it's kind of funny, I'll give you that.

But if you're serious, the answer is it's not good. You want to ease the fear of pain, not intensify it. And maybe show why vaccination is important.

I want to say yes but I'm not entirely sure. Actually, no.