Shawn asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Are people too soon to say Lebron is greatest of all time?

I think he needs at leas 2 rings on Lakers to be in that discussion because Jordan, Magic, and Kareem have more.

I think people too quickly dismiss him from the conversation actually.  Neither Jordan nor Kareem, Bird, Magic, Russell, nor Wilt ever led an entire NBA Finals in points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks.  LeBron did.  Against the 73-9 Warriors... who the Cavs beat... in LeBron's 6th consecutive trip to the Finals as a team's #1 player.

LeBron also carried the worst team I've ever seen to an NBA Finals, the '06-'07 Cavs.  LeBron was just 23 years old at the time.  That Cavs team's 2nd best player was Larry Hughes.  Seriously, lookup the Cavs roster from that year (source below).  LeBron got THAT roster to an NBA Finals.  Jordan never carried a team that bad to a Finals.  Jordan didn't get to a Finals until he was 28 years old and he had Pippen and Grant alongside him to do it.  LeBron did it with Hughes and Drew Gooden as his #2 and #3 players.  At 23 years old.  I could go on but I won't here.  Is LeBron the greatest player ever?  I don't know, we never saw him play against Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Russell, or Wilt.  But he's definitely in the conversation.

Lebron is a decent player I guess but he shouldn't be mentioned among the greats of all time. If you mention Lebron and Jordan in the same sentence I consider that trolling. If he finishes his career strong he might be top 50. 

Offensively, he's a one trick pony. He can use his athleticism to drive and dunk but that's about it. His mid-range shooting and beyond rank among the worst in NBA history at 37%. 

Defensively, I would rank him below average. 

His rebounding is below average for a guy who's played F most of his career. 

He has consistently underperformed under pressure in big games. 

And no player in history has had more talent around him. A couple of his rings came from teams that probably could have won without him,  

No, it's an opinion and LeBron has been around long enough for it to be a reasonable argument. 

• David

He'll NEVER be the greatest of all time.

• Kathy

Because he is not the greatest of them all.