Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Lost cat, girlfriends mad at me?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Her cat got out somehow, and she can't find her. 

I told her if she wants she will come back. Other wise she found a new home. 

She wanted to put a little box under the porch but I told her no because we are renting, and cats come back if they want too. She's upset about that, and she was also upset it was raining so pretty chilly outside. Her cat in an indoor cat. 

My girlfriend was crying at one point, and I annoyed. Shes been upset since she notice the cat got out. I told her it's just a cat there is nothing I can do. It's only a cat, and not the ene of the world. She needs to stop crying. It happens all the time to people 

Now she is mad at me, saying I am happy the cats gone, and I most likely left the door open because I when I go outside to smoke I zoon out on my phone. Its all I care about. She been pissy with me since. 

Last thing she said is I am allowed to be upset. I am allowed to cry. Let me upset. I don't need to be an ****** about it. That I just had to hug her when she was crying vs being a real d!ck. 

.

It's just a cat. What do I do?

What's the question? But I think if it was your fault she has every right to be angry!

kill that honkey ***** 

You are being a jerk.

For most people, their pets are their beloved family members.

I’m willing to bet that “got out somehow” was because YOU were careless.

There are all sorts of things you can do to find the cat, hopefully your girlfriend isn’t going to listen to your moronic drivel and will get out there and find it.

Then find a new home for herself and the cat.

"It's just a cat" coming from someone who has obviously never had a cat. If you had said/done any of that to me, you'd be outta here in a quick minute. Go drive around and help her look! Pets are part of the family, like it or not. She was attached to that cat, and she's allowed to have feelings! Dick move, man.

• KTJoe

Say good-bye to uh-girlfriend because you're anti-dog/cat. Any loving caring uh-boyfriend would offer to buy a new cat.  

You sound like a troll because I swear I’ve heard this exact story in a Reddit thread before, but if you’re being for real... yes she has a right to be mad. Animal people love their animals. They are like children to us, and to have people not understand that is really hard. Who gives a damn if your renting, if she wants to put the litter box out to help bring her cat back she should be able to. No one would say anything about it. The litter box would help the cat find its way home. You sound heartless, I’d leave someone if they didn’t take my worry seriously. Your not her boss let her do what she needs to find the damn cat. 

• jean

you sound like a troll or are just very insensitive. Put out flyers etc and contact the local vet.Leave food out also. The cat is probably lost due to being an indoor cat. Contact your neighbours

• susan

I'm sure your girlfriend's good friends are giving her the comfort that you did not. No doubt they are also giving her good advice, such as she needs to lose 150 pounds or whatever your weight is.

• Jack

How am I single??????????

where do i start i guess the point is you screwed up