Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Would Gene Wilder have made a good Batman?

why or why not

• Steve

No. He just didnt look the part. I mean he mightve looked ok in the batsuit, but he could not pull off the look of Bruce Wayne. He did very well in the roles he did act in, but action was never one of the genres his movies categorized in. He mightve been a fine Batman villain. I can envision him as The Riddler.

Definitely would have made it interesting!

• Greg

No, Jerome/Gene wouldn't have been believable as a superhero unless it was a Batman spoof directed by Mel Brooks.

Not at all. Unless it was some kind of comedy spoof. He wouldn't have been able to pull off the action scenes, he wasn't heroic enough. He was far more suited to comedy. 

I think he would have made a good RIDDLER. 

or maybe the Mad Hatter. 

Yes I believe so, he did really well as the scientist in my favorite movie

Young Frankenstein

• Mike W

Maybe, if you wanted Batman to be neurotic.  

No.  Michael Keaton was a former comedic actor, but Keaton had shown substantial dramatic skill before in multiple roles.  Wilder was a comedic actor who really only had a silly side.  He never really made the leap to being much of a drama guy.

In my opinion no, the reason i say that is because he looked un-athletic. For example in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate factory he walks out protending to be crippled and then does a front flip to surprise everyone. But the front flip was so sloppy that it came off as un-athletic. So no, he was too skinny and awkward to be Bruce Wayne. 🍫 

• Cathy

No, I would have been wondering why Willy Wonka was trying to impersonate Batman the whole time.