adam
adam asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

Would you go to the sturgis motorcycle rally now?

Believe it or not the rally has not been cancelled in the face of the coronavirus outbreak! 

Already been years ago.  Too far away. 

I'm not sure I'm allowed out of Florida.

nope never it is hazardous 

• Ray J

I don't even plan on going to Laconia (postponed until August 22) and I only live about 30 miles away.

No, and I wouldn't be stupid enough to go to any political conventions either. Covid gonna git you, yes it is.

I would but I don't own a motorcycle and I'd feel out of place showing up in my Subaru Station Wagon.

Bikers are not idiots. They are businessmen - just that their suit is Leather. If they own a bike they understand Science. gravity - momentum-asphalt abrasions - the power of words & bullets - selling product. They all want to wear masks and now they are allowed to. Nobody gets near my beer or side of beef. They don't get close to anyone anyways as it is an outdoor event.  They have common sense(&nickels too)

• Piero

I used to run AMA flat track. Never missed Sturgis. With all the posers and the virus, I wouldn't want to be within 500 miles of that "rally". In our age group the fatal rate is over 40%. I'm a tough old biker, but I'm not immortal any more.

no, its probably too far away for me

• Dze

sure sounds good .. bikers dont buy into that crap .. lots of things 'will' kill ya and a made up virus epidemic isnt one of them ..