Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

If drinks are more likely to survive a car crash then how come everybody doesn’t drive drunk?

It would only

Make perfect sense

6 Answers

Relevance
  • fuzzy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Most accidents occur at intersections so to minimise the risk we should spend as little time as possible in intersetions. ie drive through them at the highest speed you can achieve

  • F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    If 30% of crashes are due to drunk drivers, it doesn’t say much about the abilities of the other 70%.

  • 2 months ago

    Because there would be more crashes, and more total deaths, even if fewer deaths per crash.

    On the other hand, it might be beneficial for the passengers to be drunk.  Probably not.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    28% of traffic deaths are from impaired drivers, seems like the stats are in favor of drunk driving. Think about it  - 72% were sober....

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    "If drinks are more likely to survive a car crash".  Where did you get this information?   Out of your toilet bowl?

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Drunks unknowingly assume the position prior to an accident, which is to relax the body but a sober person can also avoid tensing. Due to their rag doll behavior they are sometimes less likely to be hurt because they roll through the accident like a parkour runner instead of tensing and impacting hard but are also more likely to be ejected through an open or broken window. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.