Heyy asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

How much should I charge to tutor?

I'm 16, and I've been tutoring underprivileged students grades 2-7 in math and English for a nonprofit for 4 years now, but I want to start tutoring on my own as a part-time job. Would I be qualified enough? If so, how much should I charge since I'm still a high school senior?

You should charge a competitive rate so it depends on your area and also what you could get at another job. For instance in a city area like San Francisco, you can easily make $15/hr at Chick-fil-A, so a student tutor shoudl charge at least that but I'd probably go with $20/hr. But if fast food is paying $8/hr you might want to go $12-$15.

You are qualified enough in subjects that you know. Just always be honest and let the parents make the decision.

In my experience, you would not be qualified enough to be paid by me or by using my tax dollars. Teachers are trained. You are simply lightly experienced.

i would at least charge minimum wage

i would just charge minimum wage