My mother doesnt let me get lip fillers?

I am 20 years old and I work and study at college. I love makeup fashion clothes etc. Its my interest. So i love to get my lashes done every month, get my nails done, pedicure and so on. The thing is I want to do lip fillers. I dont want to look FAKE and make my lips super big but I would like to enhance them a bit. Ive thought about it for 2 yesrs now and I still want to get it done. The problem is my mother does not agree. She gets mad at me when I tell her Im getting my lips done. But the thing is I work, its my money and Its a thing ive wanted for years. What to do?

• Jack

In normal times I'd say if you are living on your own do as you please and avoid her a bit. But since there is a pandemic stay away from this, complication=hospital. If you are living with her, even though over 18, yes she does have a hold on you, accept it. When I was your age I was living with my Grandma who raised me, we attended her cousin's daughter's wedding. At the wedding there was a man with super long highlighted hair. Grandma had a snack with me when we stayed at their guest house and said 'if you ever have hair like that man did I will kick you out of the house' I laughed it off. But I never did that with my hair, I tried other things to change mt appearance, but that stuck with me. Always know a one liner like this is around the corner. Yes your legally allowed to do things but so is she. I really think you should be able to do what you want but reality is reality and priorities are just that.

You're 20. Stop talking about it and just have it done. Chances are she won't even notice, if you have it done by a proper expert.

But do be careful. It's all too easy to end up with a disaster.

Take advice but don't take being guild tripped.

It's your body and your responsibility, if it gets messed up you're the one stuck with it. However i understand why your mom would be worried, twenty might be adult for the law but you're still very much a child, your brain still isn't fully developed and you'll go through many phases. 

Just be sure you do your research and i'd still wait a bit and try to think about if it's worth it. Definitely don't let spite become a factor in this.

Right now your mind is probably so focused on it of course it seems like a good idea to you but talk to professional (not just the ones trying to get your money) and people that have had the experience already.

• Barry

As you are over 18 so she cant legally stop you

It's your cash. Do what you need with it. I'm more than 50 and my mother despite everything doesn't concur with a portion of the things I do or wear. I quit requiring her endorsement and understanding when I was in my mid 20's. Extremely, what's she going to do in the event that you complete them? Waggle an objecting finger and state wicked insidious young lady? You are a grown-up. Be a grown-up.

Youre an adult and its your money, there's nothing she can do but complain so its up to you

she can not tell u what to do if u live separately. also i m probably your mom's age and i get fillers in my wrinkles from time to time - extremely painful procedure. much more painful than botox. and if a surgeon is not professional enough u might end up looking like a blow up doll  with ridiculously looking lips.

It's your money. Do what you want with it. I'm over 50 and my mom still doesn't agree with some of the things I do or wear. I stopped needing her approval and agreement when I was in my early 20's. Really, what's she going to do if you get them done? Waggle a disapproving finger and say naughty naughty little girl?  You are an adult. Be an adult. 

If you are of legal age where you live and have your own money, then do it. Just make sure to use the best in the filler business you can find. Did you see Lindsay Lohan's short-lived reality show? Her lips were uneven and just horrible. It hurt to look at them. 

youre over 18 so she cant legally stop you