Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 6 months ago

Why does my skin look like this after epilation?

I’m sick of it. After I epilate or even wax, any hair removal that removes it from the root, I feel like the results last about a week and a half then the follicle become dark and the pore/follicle underneath can be squeezed out. It’s really strange. And sometimes the hair grow as if they’re a scab, the hair grows all curled and I have to scratch at it to let it loose. The hair doesn’t grow back less + finer as it’s supposed to, and I even have a hair that has completely grown out underneath the skin. It’s too deep to get in there with tweezers. I don’t like shaving at all, it’s itchy and doesn’t give the result I want. Granted I will admit, the epilator I was using was fairly old, maybe blunt and my technique is flawed. And with waxing I’m only a beginner. But I just constantly get these dark squeezable pores and I have the compulsion to skin pick, so I absolutely tear away at them thus ruining the skin on my legs. I have many scars now. I like having smooth legs too, not a fan of leg hair. You can see my dilemma. Is my skin too sensitive? Is it just because of a bad epilator and poor aftercare? I can barely find any information online about the squeezable dark follicle. Please help if you can I’m sick of having this issue. 

Women with sensitive skin have been shaving with great success for 7 decades. There are excellent women razors on the market now. Needs be done daily for that incredibly smooth feeling but it appears you are overlooking a proven product with proven success. Shaving also helps to exfoliate.