Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

why are teachers so angry and entitled these days?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I don't agree that teachers in general are "angry and entitled." After serving in the military for 24 years I became a Computer Technology teacher for 20 years and met hundreds of highly dedicated and enthusiastic teachers.  Unfortunately many of them, yes many, left the teaching profession within five years.  In one case a good friend of mine quit after the first semester.  In my opinion, universities are not doing a good job preparing  teachers.  Student teachers don't get to experience the real rigors of the daily classroom experience. One semester student teaching is not sufficient.  

One, just one, rowdy student can spoil an entire classroom.  In many states, by law teachers are not allowed to remove students from the classroom.  Teachers have been verbally and physically assaulted by students and then the next day the student is back in class. 

Teacher pay terrible.  Teachers DO NOT get paid for holidays or the Spring and Summer breaks.  Teachers sign a contract for a number of "teaching days."  For example, in Texas the contract is for 87 days.  Teachers may chose to spread the pay in twelve months.  

I recommend to anyone planning on becoming a teacher that you double major.  In the event to decide to quit teaching you have another major area of study to help you get employment in another career-field. 

• not all teachers are angry and "entitled". 

Maybe some are because they are severely underpaid for the amount of work they do.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

cuz they suck big time.......................

Source(s): cuz they suck big time.......................
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

only mean girls/bitches go into this profession. They want to over power people thats why these bitches go into nursing, social work, and education. They want validation that they look good helping others when in reality they are bitchy towards their patients, children, etc. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not all are like this, but let me tell you about the entitlement :)

They have so many things offered to them constantly. It's natural when you're offered so much to expect more and better all the time. There are techniques, order catalogs, rules, trips, promotions, financial rewards, courses--all sorts of things constantly offered to help them be their best. Teachers also have a personality of wanting to do the best and help others do the best. So they want the best equipment and such to do that. They are competitive and want to do well to help others in the system we call education to succeed at that type of competition too.

• 2 months ago

You'd have to be more specific.  It is not fair to 'paint' all teachers with the same 'brush'--this may apply to some.  Then, you need to give examples this anger and entitlement you see.  Otherwise, the question is pointless, and not worth speculative answers.

• 2 months ago

Have you seen children today?  Selfish, undisciplined, no respect for anyone, unruly, and often violent.  How can you not be angry as someone who has to deal with them full time?

• 2 months ago

Premise error. Supply verifiable supporting evidence.

• 2 months ago

Because they teach your unruly demon alien spawn for up to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think theyre all like that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.