Iam asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Why can’t Trump supporters show respect and sympathy for John Lewis as much as for Herman Cain?

Not a Trump supporter, but I know people from both sides of the aisle and I hear mixed comments from both sides.  The world is NOT just black and white but I think a lot of people stay locked in their own little sounding bells and listen ONLY to news agencies they agree with, so they hear one side of the story.  They don't really get out and listen to other sides without a bias and automatically hate someone that has different opinions. People now days seem to only think there is 1 single view and everything else different from that is wrong.  But to be brutally honest, I've heard nasty remarks towards both people. Often unwarranted remarks based only on the fact that they were politically on the opposite side of the aisle.  It's pathetic.

WIth that said, the stories you are hearing are the ones that fit the story your side wants to push.  If you get down and listen, you'd likely be surprised that both sides have a great number of reasonable people. People like you and I who care about others and are human beings.

It was partly, if not completely, his own fault.

Herman Cain did not believe that COVID 19 was a real disease, and he followed Trump's line that it was a hoax.  In addition, he did not wear a mask.

• Duck

Because, for Trumpublicans, Herman Cain was their ‘I have black friends’ friend.  Now that he’s gone, they’re scrambling to make another ‘I have black friends’ friend.

IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT JOHN LEWIS WAS A LIBERAL AND HERMAN CAIN WAS A CONSERVATIVE

they are crazy.......

Why can't those on the LEFT show respect and sympathy for Herman Cain as much as for John Lewis? 

• Prince

It has been very clearly stated that Democrats are "traitors" and to be a Democrat is "treason" and you have been told also that African Americans are a "criminal class" but number 1 you didn't take it seriously at the time, number 2 you don't remember it now, and number 3 you don't plug it in and compute. Don't bother showing up to vote illegally for a vote for Democrat will not only not be counted, it will be all the evidence and proof necessary later at your treason trial. Wake the hell up and smell the damn coffee.

Obama turned his eulogy into a hateful, rancid political speech

That shut down any kind of positive public statements 

• Lolly

They are not equal in accomplishments.

John Lewis was a racist panderer.  Tell us what he ever did without a government program.  Herman Cain started his own business and took it national.