What is this mythical creature?

Can anyone identify what mythical creature this is? It looks like a monkey/rat hybrid and Google is turning up dry on this image. Any help much appreciated.

According to all known laws of aviation, that my dear Watson, is a Danny Devito.

DGLFD,

Frankie Nuggets

• james

That is a Australian monkey cat.   Found on bar floors once you are laying on the floor from drink or the fight.  Bloody Limes's in Australia have some secret way to call them into bars. Lemur some uninformed say. 

it could be what has been know throughout time (and completely untrue) a "monken" which is a cross breed of a monkey and a kitten - ouch!!

Source(s): know lots of weird stuff!

That is a ring-tailed lemur. 

uh... a lemur....

it's real and not "mythical"

It's a perfectly natural creature. A Bush Baby or Lemur.

I've seen this in books or A book but darned if I can remember.  No help w/ google huh?

You've got me looking there and elsewhere now because I have seen an old pen and ink drawing some where that was old old old.  I'm thinking and I'll try to find it.

Chow.        N.

That's a lemur.

Possibly a Nue. A Japanese creature with a monkey head, tiger legs, dog body, and the front half of a snake for a tail.

I think it looks like a Spider Monkey.