Construction noise?

I live in an apartment where construction is going on the floor above me. They drill and hammer from 8 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon, and the considerable amount of noise is difficult to withstand.

What are ways of limiting noise and what rights do I have against the construction?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Good recycled asphalt from https://williespaving.com

• 2 months ago

Those hours are not considered "quiet hours". With all that work, day after day, they should  be finished soon. Be patient.

• 2 months ago

they are allowed to make noise at those times so stop whinging 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Unless you OWN the APARTMENT BUILDING you STFU.  YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. 

. Why is it YOU are inside? Go elsewhere.  They are not stopping you from doing that.  Or live with it.  You know it won't be forever.  They want to move on from this project onto the next project ASAP as they make more money doing more projects.  If it wasn't for noise bylaws they would have started at 5 AM and gone on till 8 PM during these long daylight hours. Most people are working so are not living in the building. The other ones are dead.   They are a cheap early morning(if 8 is considered early) alarm clock.   Farmers are out in the fields at 4:30A.M.  Get a life& do something with it.

You will miss them when they are gone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

AIR PLANE EAR PLUGS. !!!!!! Push them in deep. They cost ten bucks at a drug store, and sleep~.  Keep i n mind that if you use them TOO LONG ( weeks) its not good for your ears. Keep in mind they say 'one use only' ( I washed mine  quite a few times with a little shampoo and lots of water and let dry)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

it sounds like they keep reasonable hours, hope they finish soon

• 2 months ago

They're doing nothing wrong.  It's a temporary inconvenience.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You could ask them to use rubber hammers.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Welcome to reality. Wear ear plugs or headphones. Or go for walks. A daily picnic in the park would help.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Look at it like this ...

The longer that they make the noise everyday now, the quicker the work will be done.

At the moment it's 10 hours a day .. but if you complained and made them limit it to 6 or 8 hours a day (for example) that's 2 to 4 hours less work done everyday .. so the job will take longer to do .. less noise every day, yes, but going on for more days.

You don't say where you live .. but the rules where I live is that 'noisy' construction work cannot start before 8am and must have stopped by 6pm .. so they are actually working within these limits.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.