Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Is it possible to get pregnant on our first month of trying?

My partner & I have barely started trying to conceive. It’s our first month & we’re both VERY excited. We have sex very often with each time ending with him ejaculating in me. Is it possible for me to get pregnant on our first month?

We’re married, have stable jobs & are very prepared. Our decision is very sudden I know but ultimately; ready. my question comes probability wise. I have one ovary & he only has one testicle. I have a doc app literally 1 week away to help us a bit more (feels like forever) so I wanted some one else’s experience. Will our “situation” make it harder

• John P

Yes it is possible. Some drunken one-night-stands end up with the female being pregnant! But Mother Nature is never reliable about such matters so don't worry if you don't get pregnant quickly.

• Jim

Yes. You could get pregnant the first time you have unprotected sex. My wife did for our first child. 

many get knocked up on first date

Every month carries the same statistical chance of pregnancy.  20-25%, assuming you calculate ovulation correctly and are both fertile.  Doesn't matter if it's your first month or your twentieth, that statistic doesn't change.

Possible? Yes.  Likely? No.  Of all couples trying to conceive, 30 percent get pregnant within the first cycle (about one month), 60 percent get pregnant within three cycles (about three months) and 80 percent get pregnant within six cycles (about six months). About 90% of couples conceive within the first year of trying.

It isn't about how often you have sex as much it is whether you have sex often during your ovulation window.  If you have regular cycles you can chart the days you are likely to ovulate using an online calculator.  A doctor may also recommend using a home-use test kit to measure Luteinizing Hormone (LH) in your urine. This helps detect the LH surge that happens in the middle of your menstrual cycle, about 1-1½ days before ovulation.The question isn't so much about how many reproductive parts you have as whether or not you are actually ovulating every month and how high or low your husbands sperm count is.  

If tests reveal a lack or ovulation and or low sperm, there are options to increase ovulation and or use artificial insemination. If things look pretty normal, your doctor is likely to recommend the you simply keep trying for a while.  

• God

I know you're anxious to find out.  Get a home pregnancy test.

Yes it is possible to get pregnant.

No, you need to be married first.

• Rick B

Your "partner"???  Perhaps you should get married before bringing babies into your relationship.

Of course you can get pregnant your first month of trying.  You can get pregnant the very first time you have sex.

It's possible for you to get pregnant the first time you have sex, let alone after a month of sex.  Are you sure you're mature enough to be having kids?  Clearly you know nothing about sex or conception.