Are the names and occupations realistic?

I'm writing a mystery about five couples on a weekend getaway.  

Here are names of the ten characters:

Adam Peters, 22 years old, firefighter ex-navy medic

Melanie Peters, 23 years old, Adam's wife, an upper elementary school language arts teacher. 

Paul Carothers, 39 year old cable installer and repairman

Janine Carothers, 37 years old, Paul's wife, a cable installer and repairman

Ross Jenkins, 19 years old, shift manager @ Wendy's. Sarah Raleigh, 20 years old, Ross's girlfriend, college student, aspiring novelist

Geoff Green, 39 year old veterinarian

Tammy Green, 35 year old, Geoff's wife, Avon saleswoman

David Lefevre, 41 year old recently divorced CPA

Caitlin Saunders, 25 years old, DJ and part time pro-NFL cheerleader

So are the names and occupations realistic or do I need to tweak them up a bit.  Their names are just names.  Occupations are not really central to the plot. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

I'd make the "Adam" chareacter at least 5 years older. Other than that, these sound generic enough for a Hallmark movie.

• 2 months ago

Those could work with the exception of a 22 year old ex-Navy medic which is unlikely.

• Judy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes, the names and occupations sound believable. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I love them all with the exception of Avon sales lady. Most of them were pushy and unlikable.  Good luck!.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Looks OK to me except:

Paul Carothers, 39 year old cable installer and repairmanJanine Carothers, 37 years old, Paul's wife, a cable installer and repairman

Are they both cable installers and repairman?

If not, she needs an occupation even if she's a house wife.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Navy Corpsman are the name of the enlisted Medical personnel.  They are not firefighters. I was a Corpsman in the Navy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.