Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 3 months ago

Do you think that most Australians would jump at the opportunity to become a US citizen if it was ever offered to them?

• John P

There seems to be a degree of common sense with Australians which says that they would not like to live in the USA at the moment. 

• jimmy

I doubt it. I've been to the USA, it's not a bad place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Why do Americans always think that?  It’s so arrogant.  I’d move for love, but I’d rather live in Australia.  We’re from a first world country too, so don’t worry about being used by an Australian for a green card.  We know our country is the best, just like you know yours is.  

• J M

No. Things are not great in America anymore. 

NO.... I do not think many would want to..  But if I could move to Australia and Be able to Take my SOCIAL SECURITY MONEY and MILITARY RETIREMENT money  Military Medical benefits and Medicare Benefits there with no problems I would leave the states in a heartbeat and Move to Aussie Land.

Yeah.............  No.

• W

I can't think of anyone from a first-world country that would want to go through the bother AND make themselves have to pay US taxes. The US is the only major country to tax its expats as if they were residents. 

I do not. The Aussies I've known are generally very proud to be Australian.

--  Most of the Australians I know would not take the opportunity of moving to America. 

--   Australia has a reasonably good economy, good educational facilities and academic levels (far higher than the US), far more accessible healthcare that is just as good as the US and  good weather. Australia has greater freedoms and a far more democratic government.

A few might but Australia is a pretty good country with a good economy, freedom and lots of opportunities for people. I have always had a feeling they are the one country that is close to being like America.