Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 3 months ago

Do you think that most Australians would jump at the opportunity to become a US citizen if it was ever offered to them?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

There seems to be a degree of common sense with Australians which says that they would not like to live in the USA at the moment. 

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I doubt it. I've been to the USA, it's not a bad place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

• 2 months ago

Why do Americans always think that?  It’s so arrogant.  I’d move for love, but I’d rather live in Australia.  We’re from a first world country too, so don’t worry about being used by an Australian for a green card.  We know our country is the best, just like you know yours is.  

• J M
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No. Things are not great in America anymore. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

NO.... I do not think many would want to..  But if I could move to Australia and Be able to Take my SOCIAL SECURITY MONEY and MILITARY RETIREMENT money  Military Medical benefits and Medicare Benefits there with no problems I would leave the states in a heartbeat and Move to Aussie Land.

• 3 months ago

Yeah.............  No.

• W
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I can't think of anyone from a first-world country that would want to go through the bother AND make themselves have to pay US taxes. The US is the only major country to tax its expats as if they were residents. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I do not. The Aussies I've known are generally very proud to be Australian.

• 3 months ago

--  Most of the Australians I know would not take the opportunity of moving to America. 

--   Australia has a reasonably good economy, good educational facilities and academic levels (far higher than the US), far more accessible healthcare that is just as good as the US and  good weather. Australia has greater freedoms and a far more democratic government.

• 3 months ago

A few might but Australia is a pretty good country with a good economy, freedom and lots of opportunities for people. I have always had a feeling they are the one country that is close to being like America.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.