Why would the drivers side of my car have hot air but the passenger side has cool?

I used EZ-chill but that didn't make a difference. My moms 2005 Toyota Avalon has hot air coming out of her side even though the air conditioning is turned on. Only cold air comes out from the passenger side.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • M.
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It seems that the refrigerant was not "low".  So now you MAY have too much!  Just adding refrigerant without using the dual-gauge set to read the a/c system LOW and HIGH pressures is a big mistake! 

I'm not familiar with that car's duct system, but likely some internal "door" is not operating properly.  You need to get a service manual and see how the duct system is made. 

-General automotive mechanic since 1972 

-A/C repair since 1980

• 3 months ago

You have a bad drivers side blend door actuator. Do a search on youtube for replacing it.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Replace the blend door actuator on the driver side.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Broken diverter door assembly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

there are 'doors' inside the dash that channel the air, maybe one is stuck/broken ...........

• A
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

when the  heat or AC is turned on certain vents open and close, sounds like the vent to the heat is stuck open,  take to mechanic

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.