Why would the drivers side of my car have hot air but the passenger side has cool?

I used EZ-chill but that didn't make a difference. My moms 2005 Toyota Avalon has hot air coming out of her side even though the air conditioning is turned on. Only cold air comes out from the passenger side.

• M.

It seems that the refrigerant was not "low".  So now you MAY have too much!  Just adding refrigerant without using the dual-gauge set to read the a/c system LOW and HIGH pressures is a big mistake! 

I'm not familiar with that car's duct system, but likely some internal "door" is not operating properly.  You need to get a service manual and see how the duct system is made. 

-General automotive mechanic since 1972 

-A/C repair since 1980

You have a bad drivers side blend door actuator. Do a search on youtube for replacing it.

Replace the blend door actuator on the driver side.

• Scott

Broken diverter door assembly.

• Rick

there are 'doors' inside the dash that channel the air, maybe one is stuck/broken ...........

• A

when the  heat or AC is turned on certain vents open and close, sounds like the vent to the heat is stuck open,  take to mechanic