Thoughts on the black metal band Nattefrost?

Also what do you think of his lyrics?

• polly

I own Nattefrost's Terrorist cd.

The lyrics tend to be quite perverse & dark, which is fair enough by my standards considering that it's black metal, but I just couldn't warm to it in the same way that I did with the Carpathian forest album releases

I just love Carpathian Forest, seriously one of my favorite black metal band ever, I discovered them with the cover of Venom's "In league with Satan". Then I listened to all the discography, of which I like everything, I would recommend the two ep's "Journey Through the Cold..." and "Through Chasm, Caves and Titan Woods" (wich has the same cover of "Fjelltronen" of Satyr's project Wongraven). And also their masterpiece "Black shining leather", and for safety the compilation "We're Going to Hell for This". In fact, their other albums are also beautiful, you can find strange sax inserts like in "Nostalgia", "Cold comfort" and covers like "A forest" by The Cure. 

Nattefrost ... one of my favorite singer / composer in metal, maybe not one of my favorite songwriters. But even the lyrics have their own why, I don't know the solo project, but Fenriz inserted it in a beautiful compilation about black metal ("Fenriz Presents ... The Best of Old-School Black Metal", where Natte figures as the only not-really old school project, together with Aura Noir, all friends of Fenriz).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIlh61zgXoQ

Youtube thumbnail

Ive listened to enough black metal to be able to pick out a band who is derivative without even having to listen to them. 

• JJ

Satanic themes are less popular now with the decline of religion. It used to make people angry, but now it just makes them laugh. It's usually just a gimmick, anyway.