Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

Why did my crush completely ignore me?

Last year at every school dance, when slow songs came on i was completely ignored by my crush and he never asked me for a dance.

Jane, Anne and Tina and the “popular girls” has all the guys asking them for dances and my crush danced with Amber for every one of the slow songs at the Valentine’s Day dance.

Why am I being ignored? I just stood around and drank punch and waited for someone to ask me for a dance on every slow song and they all ignored me in favor of the popular girls?

Why was I ignored?

Well it's possible he was shy, but it's also possible he might have not been interested in you THEN. That's not to say he'll never be interested in you. Also, there are plenty other guys out there that will jump at the chance to dance with you or get to know you. Give it time. It can be hard to get over a crush, but assess the situation and look for clues. Also, don't be afraid to make a move. Sometimes guys like it when a girl does that. 

• sarah

My guess is that he just wasn't into you and was probably into this Amber chick.

Don't sweat it -- just because guys aren't into you now doesn't mean they will never be. I dated barely any boys in high school...but when I got to college, I was beating them off with a stick, lol. I am now 28 and happily married with a baby.

Your time will come. In the meantime, be patient, love yourself, and have fun. :)