How long was the air and water on the Earth supposed to last?

We have been on this world now for almost 6000 years and during this time we have used up around about half of the air and the water.   

Scientists believe there may be enough to last until the rupture so does that give us a clue when the 4 Norsemen of the  apocalypse with ride high, how long do you think it will be till 'end times'? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

I make my own air and water, so me and my family will outlive the rupture.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I have read this exact "rant" many times over the years, it was never very interesting or clever and it still isn't.

• 3 weeks ago

Your premise is in error. "The End-Times" of scripture began on the first Pentecost after Christ's Resurrection, and no one but the Father knows when Christ will return. Suffice it to say that the Father has planned for sufficient water and air until that day when the Earth is no more. Scientists change their opinions every 20 years or so as they learn more and more things about the Earth and its environment. But they will never know as much about the Earth as God does. Mid-way through the last century, science declared the Earth to be 2 million years old. Now they tell us the Earth is hundreds of millions of years old. Science is still evolving. God never changes. The Bible's "Last Days" are yet ahead of us, in the future. "When" was the question the Apostles asked Jesus while He was yet alive. His answer can be found in the Gospels: Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. We may be closer than many wish to admit!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Matt. 6:10: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”

Ps. 37:29: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”

(Psalm 78:69) He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens, Like the earth that he has established forever.

(Psalm 104:5) He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever.

(Psalm 119:90) Your faithfulness is through all generations. You have firmly established the earth, so that it continues to stand.

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.

(Proverbs 2:21, ) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Liz
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) "A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever." This includes all earth's resources for maintaining life.

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

This tired old gem from YEC that demonstrates a complete - COMPLETE - lack of understanding on how even the most basic natural systems work.  Even science books for elementary school aged children could dismiss this nonsense.  

• 3 weeks ago

We have used up none, the ecosystem regenerates all.

• 3 weeks ago

Do a Google search for "psychiatrist". You need assistance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.