Poll: Did you know the color Pink started out as a color for boys?

Update:

In the 1920s, some groups had been describing pink as a masculine color, an equivalent of the red that was considered to be for men, but lighter for boys.

But stores nonetheless found that people were increasingly choosing to buy pink for girls, and blue for boys, until this became an accepted norm in the 1940s.Wikipedia › wiki › PinkPink - Wikipedia

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes, I did know that. So did high heels.

• sam
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

I did know that, I learned it at a fashion exhibit a while back. Its a good fun fact.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes i dix know that it used to be pink for boys blue for girls.

The colours changed either late 19th century or early 20th 

• 3 weeks ago

The June 1918 issue of the "Infant's Department", a trade magazine for baby clothes manufacturers, said: "There has been a great diversity of opinion on this subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger colour, is more suitable for the boy; while blue, which is more delicate and dainty is prettier for the girl."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes, I hear that. Long ago boys clothes were pink 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes I knew that......

• 3 weeks ago

Yes. In the 1920s, red was considered a man's color, and a lighter shade (pink) was just the thing for boys.

• Aaron
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes in Victorian times. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I do now, thanks for sharing.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes. I did know that.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.