Poll: Did you know the color Pink started out as a color for boys?

In the 1920s, some groups had been describing pink as a masculine color, an equivalent of the red that was considered to be for men, but lighter for boys.

But stores nonetheless found that people were increasingly choosing to buy pink for girls, and blue for boys, until this became an accepted norm in the 1940s.Wikipedia › wiki › PinkPink - Wikipedia

Yes, I did know that. So did high heels.

• sam

I did know that, I learned it at a fashion exhibit a while back. Its a good fun fact.

Yes i dix know that it used to be pink for boys blue for girls.

The colours changed either late 19th century or early 20th 

The June 1918 issue of the "Infant's Department", a trade magazine for baby clothes manufacturers, said: "There has been a great diversity of opinion on this subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger colour, is more suitable for the boy; while blue, which is more delicate and dainty is prettier for the girl."

Yes, I hear that. Long ago boys clothes were pink 

Yes I knew that......

Yes. In the 1920s, red was considered a man's color, and a lighter shade (pink) was just the thing for boys.

• Aaron

Yes in Victorian times. 

I do now, thanks for sharing.

• Jill

Yes. I did know that.