Am I pregnant?

I had a baby 5 months ago.. for the past week or two I’ve been feeling so tired.. sometimes a bit sick but that’s about it .. I had unprotected sex a couple weeks back... just wondering if it’s worth getting a test🤦🏻‍♀️Z

I was on a pill but it made me bleed for a month so didn’t work much! 

• Edna

If you have a 5-month-old baby, I'm not surprised that you been feeling tired and a bit sick - that's what usually happens when you're the mother of a baby who's only 5 months old. You're going to get a LOT more tired!

If you had unprotected sex only 2 weeks ago, you would NOT yet be having any signs of pregnancy. If your next expected period is at least 1-1/2 weeks overdue, then take a home pregnancy test.

What kind of pills were you on, that made you bleed for a month and WHEN were you taking them?  Birth control pills won't make you bleed for one month. If you bled for one month right after you gave birth, that's completely normal whether you were taking birth control pills or whether you weren't.  The "blood" was the remnants of the lining of your uterus and from small tears on your cervix and in your vagina. That all has to come out after you give birth, and sometimes it can take up to a month to completely do so.  

I'd suggest you wait until you've missed a period and then take a drug store test.  There are a hundred reasons a mother of a 5-month-old would feel tired and sick that are not related to being newly pregnant.  

If you are really worried, call your Ob/Gyn.  They can arrange for a blood test and or put your mind at ease.

I'll just consult my crystal ball 

• Robert

I just did a 30 second search on the web and found over the counter pregnancy tests costs from$2.99 to 20.99.  It's probably worth the cost to have peace of mind.  You'll know if you are and you'll know to see a doctor about the fatigue if you are not. 

Words that say it all "I had unprotected sex a couple weeks back".  , Pregnancy test if you don't get your period.  You will be ovulating at 5 months post partum, so yeah, its possible.