Lex asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 weeks ago

Why don't any of the Harry Potter spells work IRL?

• Andy

Wingaaaaaardim Levioooooosa. Works every time ;) 

• Steve

Dude, youve just gotta try harder.

Because, you have to have the right image in your mind when casting the spell. If you don't, nothing happens or you get strange results that you don't recognize.

Because they're cantrips. To cast a cantrip takes a lot of preparation, but very little effort when you cast it.

Because Harry Potter, as in the books, is totally imaginary

Because if they did, nobody would ever pay to see a Harry Potter movie.  Also because the spells that do work are not suitable in a Harry Potter movie.

Oh, you've heard people say there is no such thing as magic?  They're wrong.  Magic spells work all the time.  I've been the subject of a few of them, in fact.

More than one girl has enthralled me with a love spell called The Sacred Rite Of The Unbuttoning, and it's a doozy.  Actually it's more of a lust spell, but in magic (just as in all of life) sometimes you just don't have all the options you want.  But trust me, that one works.

I've also been fooled by the Lucky Customer Incantation a few times.  That's the one where the sales rep (secretly skilled in magic) utters the words "okay, tell you what I'm gonna do" and throws in the upgrade warranty at no extra cost.  Next thing you know, I'm taking home a hot water heater I didn't really need.  People fall for that spell all the time.

And now the big one.  This spell can only be cast by certain people and they can only cast it on certain people, but it has worked every single time.  I don't know the official name for it, but it goes something like this...

"When you grow up and have kids of your own, I hope they act just like you."

... and trust me, that spell is real.  Ask anyone who has kids if you don't believe me.

• Ludwig

They do, you probably haven't been trying hard enough.  Or you are using a cheap wand.  You can get an expensive one from Amazon that will work better.

Did you graduate from Hogwarts? If not, that is probably the reason.

Harry Potter's spells do not work in real life because in real life there is no Harry Potter and Hogwarts School of Magic.  Any magic in your life you have to make yourself and not by any spells.

• Imp

Muggles can't use magic!

Because the real world sucks