James asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

How easy would it be to breed and sell my own dogs?

I am thinking of breeding and selling dogs as a personal side business. What gies inti this and how difficult would it be to create my own “breed”. Is any custom mix technically a breed or does it have to be bred for a certain number of generations?

They would not be well bred- I would select for certain traits. For example - the biggest great danes in order to produce a bigger type of dane, etc. 

• Jojo

Probably a lot easier than trying to install some sense into your Numskull pea Brain.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

James is one of yahoo's frequent trolls.  He does not really care what you say or think - about anything.  He is just posing a question (about dog breeding) in order to rile people up.  Save your time and effort.

You would need dozens of dogs to establish separate bloodlines..  And it takes many, many generstions to create a breed.   You have to be prepares to cull anything that doesnt resemble your desired result.

You also need to invest money into genetic health testing.

Breeding healthy, well bred dogs is not a money maker. Breeders who produce well bred dogs do not make much money off of them.

Do not breed ill bred dogs, they will have health issues and genetic diseases.

Good luck with that. It takes generations of breeding to get a consistent outcome, and you are an revolting human to try for another.