James asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

How easy would it be to breed and sell my own dogs?

I am thinking of breeding and selling dogs as a personal side business. What gies inti this and how difficult would it be to create my own “breed”. Is any custom mix technically a breed or does it have to be bred for a certain number of generations?

Update:

They would not be well bred- I would select for certain traits. For example - the biggest great danes in order to produce a bigger type of dane, etc. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Probably a lot easier than trying to install some sense into your Numskull pea Brain.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

• 3 weeks ago

James is one of yahoo's frequent trolls.  He does not really care what you say or think - about anything.  He is just posing a question (about dog breeding) in order to rile people up.  Save your time and effort.

• 3 weeks ago

You would need dozens of dogs to establish separate bloodlines..  And it takes many, many generstions to create a breed.   You have to be prepares to cull anything that doesnt resemble your desired result.

You also need to invest money into genetic health testing.

• 3 weeks ago

Breeding healthy, well bred dogs is not a money maker. Breeders who produce well bred dogs do not make much money off of them.

Do not breed ill bred dogs, they will have health issues and genetic diseases.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Good luck with that. It takes generations of breeding to get a consistent outcome, and you are an revolting human to try for another.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.