Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

do platoon leader course accept community college students?

and if they do, should I do it now? I am becoming a sophomore but have to be at school more 2 years more and then I can transfer to a UC, I was wondering for those had been to it, was the 10-week program or 2x 6-week program better?

• Bill-M

What is PLC?

The Marine Corps Platoon Leaders Course (PLC) is an alternative for NROTC or OCS for college students who wish to become commissioned officers in the United States Marine Corps.

College students can enroll in PLC when they are freshmen, sophomores, or juniors in college. Those who enroll as freshmen or sophomores attend two six-week summer training programs at the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School, located at Quantico, Virginia. Students who enroll in the program as juniors attend one 10-week summer course at OCS.

PLC summer class sizes are typically 250 to 300 students, broken into four to six platoons. The platoons train in a physically demanding environment where sleep deprivation, military tasks, and memorization are constantly forced on candidates to test their ability to handle stress. The course of instruction is much the same as the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School.

you have 2 years to graduate after PLC

as to the 10 week or 2-6 week programs

the 6 week programs is mainly physical the first 6 weeks and mental the 2nd 6 weeks

the 10 week program does physcial and mental the entire 10 weeks

• Mrsjvb

Since CC do not confer bachelors degrees, that would be a hard no.