My sisters and I are planning to move out of state. ?

We want to move next year around this time. We want to give time to save up money, let our leases end. We are stuck between Raleigh, NC, Atlanta, TX, and Houston, TX. What should be key factors to look for when moving and what are some tips? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Key factor number one is getting some kind of income wherever you decide to go. 

Number two: finding a place to live. 

You can't do number two without having number one--so jobs are the first priority. 

You didn't really give much information:  do you plan to live together, live separately or some other arrangement? Do you know the area(s) where you want to go? Have you done any research on them? Housing costs--job availability--care of personal needs such as doctors/dentists or pharmacies?  We can't give you too many tips because the information isn't really there. When you have more info, post this again and we'll see what we can help you with. 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You need a job before you move anywhere or you will not know where to move to and will not be able to rent a property without a job/earnings

• 3 weeks ago

1 - have enough in savings to pay for everything (ie first month's rent, deposit etc) plus more just in case

2 - get a job; landlords won't rent to the unemployed

• G R
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

First off why are you wanting to move?

Second you need to figure out what cities you can afford: rent, insurance(s)...?

What type of climate do you like?

Check out the job market for the areas in question.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

A key factor should be were you can get a good job. 

• 3 weeks ago

Unless you have a source of income to show the landlord in whatever new city you move to, you're going to be sleeping in the park there.

No one here knows you or your likes and tastes, thus anyone here telling you which city to pick would be doing so from a position of total ignorance.

• 3 weeks ago

Unless you're able to pay 6-12 months rent, in advanced, you probably won't be able to find any place because you don't have jobs.   Go to www.rent.com and www.apartments.com and search by city.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You won't be able to rent an apartment without a good job first. Moving without one is just silly.

• CB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Key factors:

1. Job opportunities

2. Housing, food costs and tax costs (Cost of living index).

3. Hospital/Health care quality 

4. Recreational requirements (restaurants, clubs, bars, lakes, beaches camping whatever you enjoy).

5. Venues - concerts, plays, etc (again if you like that stuff)

6. Public transportation (if you need it).

7. Educational opportunities

I have to question Atlanta TX though, that is in the middle of BumFuck Nowhere compared to the other two choices.

Of the three my choice (and I don't care for bigger cities) would be Raleigh. Good job opportunities (up and coming area - the triangle)  lots of suburban housing outside the city that is cheap, 3 hour drive to some nice NC beaches. Colleges and Universities. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You need to determine your own key factors.   We've never met you and have no clue what your preferences or needs are.    You gave basically zero information and we are not clairvoyant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.