Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

Is it bad to take my cat back to the same no-kill shelter where I adopted him? ?

I adopted him in 2009 when he was a baby and I don't know anyone who wants him and who I trust to take care of him. I will be moving soon and can't bring pets to where I'm going and I just don't want him or any pets anymore. 

Why didnt you find a place that would also accept your cat?   Most pet owners would only move if they can take their pet also.

Only if you can't find any people that you know at all who want him

if it was me I'd actually look for someone who would be willing to take care of him most no-kill shelters probably won't mind you bringing the cat back to them but I'd more or less look for someone who'd want him vs. giving him up to the shelter you got him at the cat will be sad and confused but least he'd be in another loving family instead of behind a cage hoping someone will come across him fall in love with his looks and adopt him.

It's sad that you're getting rid of your cat and if you've had him since he was a kitten he'll probably be sad and confused but ultimately he will be okay. Not to mention that taking it to a shelter, especially a no-kill shelter is better then just abandoning it on the streets or finding a way to put it down.

Source(s): Years of fostering animals and volunteering at shelters

Bring him back there. He may remember the place from his memory and be more at ease. Who knows.