Should I call the job I applied for?

So here’s the situation, normally I would let the hiring mangers call me back or not without bothering them. But I had an interview on Monday and it went very well, or seemed like it did. The general manager said he would be calling me back to schedule a second interview with the owner. He told me he liked me a lot and hoped after meeting the owner I would be “coming aboard” he told me the owner goes away for a short while on Thursday, so he would try to get me in Tuesday or Wednesday to meet him. Now it’s Wednesday and i haven't heard anything back. It’s very possible the owner didn't have time yesterday or today to meet me before his trip tomorrow, but I'm also worried they are testing how interested i am in the position. What would you do?

A polite phone call would not hurt. Sure, go for it.

• Yes. Bug them till they give you the job. 

They are not testing how interested you are in the position.

1. The hiring manager could have changed their mind.  In my personal experience, I rarely end up hiring the person who I thought i would during the interview.  I step back think about the full situation and it's usually someone else that would really be the fit for the company.

2. The owner is going out of town.  they don't need to deal with interviewing you right away.  If they are still interested when the person returns, they will contact you then.

First of all, you can't call a "job".   Learn English.

Calling the hiring manager isn't going to help your chances.   They haven't forgotten they have an opening to fill and they know how to use a phone.

Employers do not "test" your interest by not calling just to see what you will do.   That is idiotic.     They are grown-ups with a business to run, not 15 year olds playing girl games. 

Sorry, but grow up.  If they are still interested in you, they will contact you when it's convenient for them.

• martin

No harm showing interest by calling back.  Don't criticize them for not sticking to their promise to call you.  Just say you're calling because you're very interested.

Never call. He has other things to do. He did not forget you or your number.

• Damien

Relax, same thing happened with me, the same story as usual, first interview, she liked me, said she'll call me for  a second interview next week, 3 weeks later, get called for second interview, she said she liked, wanted to hire me, owner is gone on holiday and will return next week, two weeks later i get told i got hired.So if they say "this week" it means it cane also mean a couple of weeks later, these hiring people dont keep track of time and they forget, and apparently those are the skills needed to become hr people, clueless but u get hired as long as u have "social skills"