Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 4 weeks ago

Should liberals actually watch Fox first before deciding to dismiss it?

I watch and analyze Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, and Don Lemon even though I'm conservative. Listening to ALL sides is important. Why don't more leftists do the same? I think more people should watch CNN because their bias is blatant. Leftists are the ones who always try to discourage people from watching fox. Why are they so scared?

I am a democrat and why would I want to watch so much hate from fox news Fox news has more conspiracy theories than real news. Republicans have one news station. Democrats have all the rest of the stations. Who do you think is really lying about the news? All republicans seem to do is spread hate. And to prove it, watch every republican that comments on this post  say hateful things. They can't come up with a decent answer because they don't have any.

That wouldn't fit their narrative very well at all.  They'd have to admit that maybe Ben Shapiro isn't actually a Nazi, and that would throw them off too much.  It's easier to just demonize anyone who won't fly their banner.  

That's the way it's always been, so obviously it works.  When William Wallace was rallying his Scots to rise up against the oppressive English occupation, how do you think he dealt with that Scottish guy who said "maybe the English aren't all bad"?  When the Nazis were planning Kristallnacht (night of broken glass) and that one blond blue-eyed German said "okay, but can we leave that one business alone, he's been my dentist since I was a kid and he's really good", which camp do you think he was taken to that very night?  And when the KKK was at the height of their power, and some member named Jim-Bob said "maybe let's don't hang that black guy, he's the best mechanic in town", how long did he wait to be kicked out of the Klan and shunned as an outcast?  

Exactly.  When you're caught up in any type of mob mentality, the first rule is don't ask too many questions.  Asking questions leads to finding answers, and finding answers is the absolute enemy of mob mentality.

See how I did that?  I just burned both sides of the political fence, and neither side can call me out on it because they know I'm right.  

I'm conservative and I watch CNN. I think liberals could benefit from watching FOX. Watching all the viewpoints is definitely a step in the right direction.

• Prince

I'm liberal leftist and Gay and I do watch Fox. Not for the content but for the anchor man. I couldn't care less what they say so long as the anchorman is attractive.

• Traci

Commie dems will never watch anything but the Communist stations like CNN and MSNBC.. and they are communist.  Besides most commie dems too stupid to turn the channel!

I don't have to drink both arsenic and strychnine to know they're both poisonous. Between the comical extremes on cable "news" to the blood bath going on in our major newspapers we're now left without any reliable sources. The Framers thought a free press was so important they mentioned it in our founding documents. Ben Franklin would be ashamed of what we've done to the press. 

There is a reason why FAUX FOX NEWS has ONLY 5.65 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS compared to CNN'S 10-12 MILLION

And if THE REASON WERE THE LEFT, everyone knows there  are WAY MORE PEOPLE SUPPORTING THE RIGHT than PEOPLE SUPPORTING THE LEFT, so it should have been THE OTHER WAY AROUND

But it's not THE OTHER AROUND because CNN provides us REAL NON-BIASED NEWS unlike Faux News FILLED WITH RIGHT PROPAGANDA

• Bye

Watching the little snippets of Maddow, Cooper, and Lemon that Fox trims up and shows you in their "LOOK HOW CRAZY THE LEFT IS" segments isn't the same as actually watching and analyzing them.  And believe me you really don't want to get into a measuring fight about which network is the most blatantly biased - that would be the one (Fox) who literally had to say in court "we are for entertainment purposes only" to avoid lawsuits & worse.

When ever I want a good laugh, I turn on Fox. When I want to bust a gut, I choose OAN.

• Marduk

I can actually THINK for myself without Rachel or Laura.   I see the country going down the toilet with TRUMP and Moscow Mitch.  I don't need anyone else's GD opinion on it!!!