Jack asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Do you think cutting off social media will make me happier if I just want to focus on my mental health and Life?

It made me wanna go out and interact with people even with all my anxiety. And I did, best summer of my life

100% yes. I cut off reddit and my life improved and got a lot more happy since I did

Of course ,without any doubt, try for a week , it will work.

maybe have a time limit of how much time u spend on social media

• Jim2

It might. I don't get on facebook. Too much gossip.

if u want  to focus on your mental health and life.than you do this

I don't know if it would make you feel happier, I can only share my experience. 

On 1 Jan I deleted my facebook, I don't use other social media.

For a couple of days I felt weird, I felt I was missing out, I didn't know what was going on in the world, I didn't scroll down my newsfeed 500 times a day. 

It felt weird but it passed. 

I started studying German, I watched films instead of silly memes and I didn't see the comment section thanks god. 

I became more relaxed and more productive.

Luckily I never used facebook to sign in to websites, so no problem at all. 

The only reason I am back now, as there are a lot of job searching groups on it, I only added my brother as a friend, so as soon as I find a job, I'm off again. 

• Jack

From one Jack to the other, yes I think this is a good idea, but sadly it is easier said then done, we need our phones for things so the temptation is always there. I need social media as a Realty student, I can't just shut it off. But if you are in a situation were you can I think it is definitely the best option.

Yes, as I have done the same. And I only say yes, because you already feel this way or would not be asking.  When anything in life is uncomfortable, it is a sign that it is not right for you.   One nice thing is that if you go off of it for a few months, you can always go back on.   I honestly believe our problems stem from the youth utilizing social media.   they have become self absorbed, and have no idea how to communicate with the world in person.   It has become a meme and anything like that makes other things bigger, just like going to parties and not worrying about giving some one else covid.   I think social media is bad.  just my opinion.

• k w

maybe, I just said no to social media, YH answers is the closest I ever got.....