Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Do I have a right to be angry? ?

I was 10 when my mom got incarcerated. I’m now 22. & my dad has abandoned me since birth. I’ve reached out for help & everything & received  nothing. I was left in drug houses for long periods of time. Being alone like this has damaged me. I’ve grown up raising myself. Going through hell & back. I try not to hold grudges & realize that everyone makes mistakes. But I’m hurt. I am angry. I’m sorry if it’s wrong to be. But I don’t know what else to do. I have NOONE. Yes I’m an adult & will stop at nothing to take care of myself. But I suffer from depression, anxiety , have attempted suicide. Because no matter how positive I try to stay, no matter how good I am I get nothing but bad in return. 

How about bring GOD and Love into your life?  LOVE comes only from and with GOD!   Seems like LOVE you are really missing? 

Pray to GOD and ask for help and understanding. Best if we pray to GOD each day. 

Read the Bible. It includes we are Not to hate others!

For as bad as our parents seem to be, they did get something right.  We owe them that.  

Dude you have the right to be angry, but the question is how long? How long will you live angry and hurt? Things happen in our life that we didnt want to. We were born into that problem that's not our fault. so keep your head up, youre not the one that messed up, it was your parents that messed up.yes you are in a little hole but hey you can do things and make things right. you may have like a set back and you have a difficult headstart but it's going to be a good journey no matter where we start, what matters is weve been given a chance to live life. that's the important thing so, what you could do now is start taking care of yourself, love yourself better, exercise, eat right, read some good news, for me what helped me a lot is that i gave God a chance to be good to me, what do i mean by that is i gave God the right to control my life, I gave up my life to him, because i realize with all the mess and bad stuff going on in my life i really could not fix it on my own and there's nobody, i mean nobody to help me fix that problem and that drives me to give God a shot in fixing my life and dude he did fixed my life. i'm in a good situation right now, i dont worry about anything in my life at the moment. If you wanted to start reading the bible go read chapter Job, he's been through a lot but kept his faith to God. That's kinda like what i went through. and the last one you can do is to forgive your parents, forgive your mom, forgive your dad forgive everyone that did you wrong even though it's tough. but they are battling their own demons and getting through the hardships of life too like you are. Forgiving them for what they did and not do for you will free you from all the negativity and sorrow, sadness whatever. Goodluck to you man, ill pray you do good in life and i hope that you would take care of yourself, eat healthy, exercise, surround yourself with positive people and ideas and feed your mind some positive content, and give God a chance to take over your life, and forgive the people that put you all through this mess because like us they are getting through life too and battling their own demons. that's it man. 

Yes you do have a right to be angry.  And even though those who say to forgive are right, before forgiving you need to work through and acknowledge anger.  Please do not suicide.  You have options.  You can control  now and can control yourself but not others and not the past. When positive thoughts only bury negative thoughts then the positive doesn't work as well as if the negative ones are worked through and then replaced by positive ones. Therapy, close friends, and medicine are all options that can help you.

• J

You have a right to be angry, but holding onto anger and grudges will not help you. Forgiveness is more about you than your parents. You will not be able to move on with your life if you don’t learn to let go. You don’t have to have a relationship with your parents, but for your own sanity, try to forgive and let it go. 

• LAN

No.   What good do you honestly think it will do you.   Stop making everything about you and begging for attention.

Used that pent up anger and go back to school and get a degree or learn a trade.  Get a job, even if it's at the local Burger King™.  Go see a therapist to help you with your self-esteem issues, anger, depression and numerous other problems.  Don't let your anger define who you are.

• Kyle

take baby steps to start slowly turning your life around.  it won't happen overnight.  do you have a high school diploma?  look into going to a community college.  you can take some classes and get an associates or look into certificates.  

look to temp agencies for some jobs.  they can range from office support, customer service, call center, warehouse, and other industries.  pay won't be a lot, but you'll get some and are there any job counselors you can look into in your town?  look online and see how you can get help.then with a job hopefully that will have health insurance, you can see about working with a therapist.  i would usually recommend joining the military to help gain job skills and experience.  but suicide attempts are automatic disqualify.  but that doesn't mean you still can't have a successful life.  there are other paths out there.

• A

Sure you have the right to be angry with your parents, but what you do with that anger will affect your life.    Put it behind you, it happened to you, but it does not define who you are or what you can do.  Unfortunately your story is like that of hundreds of people.    Write down your feeling,  read them feel them and then burn it or bury it. put it in the past.  Until you let go of the past, you cannot move forward into your future.

• Sandy

you had a lousy start in life, but it doesn't have to stay that way. you have to set a goal(s) for yourself. work hard towards it until you achieve it. deep down you already know, life and people aren't going to come to your rescue or "give you something in return". become a doctor, join the military or whatever. then keep your heart open for love and have a family down the line. break the cycle of ugliness of how your life began, and make it end on a positive, constructive note. and get therapy. because self pity NEVER WORKS.