matt asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

What's a better friend.A dog or a cat?

Dogs are the best friend anyone could have.They never let you down and are always there to comfort you.

Cats are more independent and like their own space.

Dogs stink drool beg for food and are too hyper 

They both are.  Right after my Mom passed away, I was broken hearted and crying and both my babies, Buddy and Sassy came to me.  Buddy laid down beside me on the couch and laid his head in my lap while Sassy curled up on my chest and touched her paw to my face.

I've had both. Both have been my friend. Life long. They both loved me with adoring eyes.

• Ocimom

There is no "better friend".  It depends more on your lifestyle then anything else.  For some a cat is better because its less work and training and you don't have to take them outside to potty - they use a litter pan inside.  For others that are more active a dog is a better friend as the dog can go with you hiking, playing, hunting or other work.

I love all animals. But I prefer cats more than dogs. Cats are mostly introvert and is less maintenance than dogs.They want their own space and will play with you when they want to, which I also appreciate as I want to have my own space too. 

It totally depends on your lifestyle. If you are an active type of person, then you should choose dog as a pet. If you are not an active person, then you should choose cats. 

https://shyraoffsourcing.wixsite.com/smcvaservices

a dog for sure. 

• Kyle

i enjoy both and have lived with both.  i still watch my siblings dogs on occasion.  i only give cats a slight edge because they are generally easier to maintain.  but my cat will still come up to me when he wants attention, sleep in my bed most nights, and is friendly.  sure i don't take him for walks or play fetch, but i don't have to let him out in the middle of the night or in a meeting home at work either.  

though he has jumped up on my desk in the middle of a video call.  lol

Dogs.   Dogs actually love you and want to do things with you.

Cats are more like a weird roommate who shits in a box and doesnt pay rent.

You can have a cat that's crazy about you and bonded to you that will NEVER leave you alone same as you can have a dog that never listens to you and couldn't care less about you. If you don't take the time to care for, train, and learn about your own animal, you won't have a friend in either species.