Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

How can I quit the military early? ?

Hi,

I'm a consistently profitable day-trader and want to get out of the military early since the pay and benefits are no longer relevant to me, and I'm honestly just struggling to stay happy here given those circumstances and others. 

Do I even have options here, aside from smoking weed or being a ****-head?

P.S.

I don't mean to brag by saying any of that, but I wanted to be transparent so that I got accurate advice before I go seeking any further counseling on base. 

EDIT: Lots of helpful answers here, for a second there I was afraid the bitterness might find its way here, too.

In all seriousness, it's enlightening nonetheless. I'll have a chat with people on base and see where to go from here. Have a good one! 

Just quit.. GO HOME and refuse to go back JUST SAY I QUIT and do it... THAT'S HOW TO QUIT THE OBLIGATION YOU SIGNED UP FOR.. 

'

MOVE to a communist country and claim to hate the USA Like many say but they are still here loving their freedom to say it.

• drop dead                                       

Any answer buying into the claim you are a consistently profitable day trader while in the military is playing into your trolling.

Successful day trading is more of a time commitment than the military.

• Daniel

Other than doing something to get yourself kicked out, the only other way that I can think of is to see if you can transition to the Guard or Reserves.  Usually this requires you to do twice the time you owe as a weekend warrior.  It's called Palace Chase in the Air Force; I don't know what the other services call their programs (or if they even have them).  

You could also research to see if there are any force management programs going on right now to cut down troop numbers, but I don't think there are.

• Mike W

Nothing comes to mind, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a way.  You can talk to people in your chain of command and ask them if there is a way.  Frankly, it comes across as  you not wanting to fulfill your commitment because it's now inconvenient for you.  

• Mrsjvb

Nope.  You have a contract and must fulfill it.  The pay and benefits are irrelevant unless you are making ten grand a week.  

• Tasm

i think you can request an honerable discharge

Blah, blah, blah.

Cry me a river. Man (or woman) up. Finish your contract. Then you're out and you can do whatever you want.

• Greg

I think your best bet would be to start with that question in a Google search