Could my girlfriend be pregnant?

I’m about to get yelled at but here it goes. On the 2nd my girlfriend and I had very careful protected sex. I used a condom the entire time, and it was put on correctly and everything. I even pulled out before I finished just incase it were to leak, but the condom never broke. The day after, she took a Plan B. Why? Because I asked and was anxious and wanted an extra step of birth control. Yesterday, July 14th, she got her period. She says she knows it’s her period, it’s not like light bleeding. Could she be pregnant? This is not a troll question. I am genuinely asking if she could be pregnant. 

• Lili

Why are you asking this question?  That's the more intriguing issue.

Either you're a troll or severely paranoid. If the latter, see a shrink.  A man who has protected sex but demands his partner take Plan B and THEN thinks she could be pregnant even after her period arrives is not mentally healthy.

And Plan B is not a birth control method.  It is for emergencies only.

Get professional help -- or stop trolling.

No she is not. if you still have some doubts get the pregnancy test done. Its affordable and easy. Good luck!

• Edna

She began a menstrual period 12 days AFTER you had sex and AFTER she took Plan B.  She is NOT pregnant.  Pregnant women NEVER have periods. 

BTW:  Plan B is NOT birth control, and it was never intended to be used as such. it's to be used only in emergency situations. 

• J

You used a condom, pulled out, and she took plan B. Paranoid much? Just FYI, it’s not a good idea to take plan B unless it’s necessary. I’ve heard it can be less effective if it’s taken too many times. Best to save it for a time she really needs it. If she got her period, she isn’t pregnant. I’m all for safe sex, but you seem so paranoid you probably shouldn’t be having sex. I would not be turned on by a guy who’s so paranoid that he pulled out even with a condom and then still made me take plan B. Relax a little!

You are fine and she isn’t pregnant. 

• sarah

I'm not intending this to sound like yelling or rude or anything...but seriously, you really need to hold off on having sex until you mature a little bit. Of course, unintended pregnancy is in the back of everyone's mind when having sex (as it should be), but this level of anxiety is not normal.

Condoms are 98% effective when they are used correctly. That means that out of every 100 men who use a condom, only 2 will end up becoming fathers.Did you know that pulling out while wearing a condom actually increases the chance of it failing? In your rush to get out, you could unwittingly rip the condom.

She got her period. Pregnant women don't get those.

The Plan B was completely unnecessary (and I hope you paid for it, because it's also not cheap, and she just threw away ~$50 thanks to your paranoia). Don't be surprised if she starts having issues with her cycle (periods being late, bleeding when it's not time for her period, etc.), because Plan B can definitely wreak havoc on it. Basically, she just did the equivalent of taking a handful of birth control pills all at once. It doesn't exactly do a body good. Also, on its own, emergency contraception is only 87% effective. Your average condom has it beat by 11%.

Until you can get your nerves under control, perhaps the two of you are better suited for cuddling.

• God

People use condoms for years without getting pregnant.  She didn't need the Plan B and you didn't need to pull out. 

OMG you are hella stupid.  She had NO need to take that plan B and you just forced her to load unnecessary hormones into her body.  You need to learn what emergency contraception is used for and stop using it like normal birth control.   Considering that there is always some risk involved when you are sexually active,  making someone frequently take a plan B is just wrong.  It is NOT a form of BC,  EC's like the plan B are only supposed to be used at most, two or three times per year.   What are you going to do during her next 'pregnancy scare'?  Stop having sex if you are this immature.

Did you record your sex with her so that I can watch it ? I am a girl going to lose my virginity soon . I wanne know how I should have sex with my bf .

• Jill

No. Pregnant women don't get their period.