Is it medically safe to use clean one's ear-hole using a cotton swab only once a week?

Hi. This question is preferably for those of you in the medical or health profession or just anyone who knows a lot about such topics. In order to stretch out one's own supplies (eg. toiletries, etc.) & economize, is it medically safe to use clean one's ear-hole using a cotton swab only once a week? Or must ears be cleaned with a swab every single day in one's life? Thank you.

• Mike G

No, it is not. Putting a cotton swab in your ear will only push the earwax farther in.

• Damien

I do it everyday, doctors will say not to use it and the wax will clean itself on its own. hows that? u mean the wax will leak out into my pillow? This is one doctors advice i will ignore cause it makes zero sense.Doctors probably say this cause most people are incompetent and will puncture their eardrums with the swab. i need to clean my ears everyday or else the buildup of wax will make it itch.