Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

Will pot roast still taste great without the vegetables ?

Craving a pot roast but it’s quite expensive where I live so thinking of skipping all the vegetables and just slow cooking the meat in beef broth and worscheahire sauce 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I’ll pass on that invite, thanks.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, it will be very good but to throw is some potato, carrots, and oven you have an entire meal and no additional dirty pots to wash.

• Orla
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Depends if you like vegetables...

• 3 weeks ago

Don't they have a dollar store where you live? Some carrots, celery, and onions shouldn't set you back much and will make a world of difference.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It will taste good, but,  could you add a few frozen mixed veggies near the end of cooking?, Or even a pack of dried vegetable soup mix?

• ted
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

The pot roast will still taste good without vegetables.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I'm wondering what planet/dimension you're living on/in if vegetables are the most expensive ingredient in a pot roast containing beef.

Yes, of course you could miss out the vegetables (miss out the beef too and save even more money).

I like the sound of “worscheahire sauce”. Is it German? Is it anything like Worcestershire Sauce?

• 3 weeks ago

A bag of carrots is $1.25 and potatos are like $2 for 5 lbs. That's all the veggies you need

• 3 weeks ago

You need the veggies for fiber. Also don't forget the garlic or my wife will come to your house and put lump on your head.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Since meat for pot roast is the cheapest cut, i don't know how you think it is so expensive. Just buy the veggies to go with it. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.