Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

Will pot roast still taste great without the vegetables ?

Craving a pot roast but it’s quite expensive where I live so thinking of skipping all the vegetables and just slow cooking the meat in beef broth and worscheahire sauce 

I’ll pass on that invite, thanks.

Yes, it will be very good but to throw is some potato, carrots, and oven you have an entire meal and no additional dirty pots to wash.

• Orla

Depends if you like vegetables...

Don't they have a dollar store where you live? Some carrots, celery, and onions shouldn't set you back much and will make a world of difference.

• denise

It will taste good, but,  could you add a few frozen mixed veggies near the end of cooking?, Or even a pack of dried vegetable soup mix?

• ted

The pot roast will still taste good without vegetables.  

I'm wondering what planet/dimension you're living on/in if vegetables are the most expensive ingredient in a pot roast containing beef.

Yes, of course you could miss out the vegetables (miss out the beef too and save even more money).

I like the sound of “worscheahire sauce”. Is it German? Is it anything like Worcestershire Sauce?

A bag of carrots is $1.25 and potatos are like $2 for 5 lbs. That's all the veggies you need

You need the veggies for fiber. Also don't forget the garlic or my wife will come to your house and put lump on your head.

• kswck2

Since meat for pot roast is the cheapest cut, i don't know how you think it is so expensive. Just buy the veggies to go with it.