What’s the process to get married to someone in the military?? Is it different or?

• RICK

Same as any other marriage

Get a license,  find someone to perform  the ceremony,  say I DO...Your married..

you will have to go to dependent boot camp first. Fat dependent spouses are not allowed in the military, everyone knows that !!!

I got married twice while in the military.  I just asked for leave, and, got married.  Afterwards, I told the people in my orderly room the details, so my new wife could be added to my benefits package.  It was petty simple.  Actually, moving to an on-base house was FAR more difficult than getting married!

As the non-military person, you show up wherever the marriage ceremony will take place.

If you are in the US and a US Citizen then you do the same thing as if you were both civilian, you have a wedding and follow whatever the state requirements are. 

If you are not a US Citizen then the AD member needs to get permission from the command/unit to get married. Once granted you do it

It does not mean you will automatically be able to get housing and live together. All depends on the AD member, where they are stationed and how long they will be there for. Some overseas locations are unaccompanied so all you can do is visit. 

If you are under 23 do NOT get married. There isn’t all this extra money for being married at all, it might seem like it but it goes out the door for all the bills.  Get a job, go to school, save your money and make sure the relationship is going to work. So many marriages when under 22 end in divorce because you still have so much to learn. 

Now all this is under the assumption that you have actually met the person you are talking about marrying and not someone you met online which 99.999% of the time are scammers 

No different than any other marriage unless you’re in the military and trying to marry a non-citizen of your country. I’m a 50 year old army brat. My parents married no problem. My 29 year old daughter married my son in law a year ago at a justice of the piece. A hundred bucks and a marriage license and it was a wrap. My son in law is in the US Air Force. Can’t speak for other countries, but here it’s the same as any marriage.