Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How do you meet guys of dating sites safely?

Mutual meet time at a public place which is busy is usually safest

Try to avoid night time or isolated places. If possible you may just bring along your friend for a company and meet the guys in a public place & ask your friend to sit far from you as long they can see you there. 

Do not go to his house or his friends house or hotels to avoid the risk of safety.

• Alan H

You cannot be 100% sure.    Watch for inappropriate suggestions.   If you do arrange to meet up, do so in a public place 

• SW-6

Use good judgment, meet in public settings, always let someone close to you know who you are meeting, where you are meeting, and as much background on the person you are meeting as possible.  DO NOT follow this person into any unpopulated space if they suggest.  Until you are on date 7 or 8 with this person, stick to the mall food court, the movies, Starbucks, restaurants, etc.  I met my b/f on a dating web site 11 years ago.  I thank the Lord that he was not a crazy stalker or something, and we stayed in public places until I was comfortable being alone with him.  We are still together <3.    ALWAYS REMEMBER - people are CRAZY out there.  Be careful!  :)

Everyone is giving sound and good common sense advice that I really cannot add to much except that a first, second, and maybe even third dates should be regarded as getting to know you.     And mace/pepper spray is a good friend to join you.

Have fun be careful.

Whatever you do, do not "just come to my place" or "I'll just come to your place". Always make sure it's in a public setting and not at night. If someone is really interested they'll respect your boundaries.

You could get a friend and go on a double date. Make sure your online date knows too so they aren't caught off guard.

Meet in public, make sure you have your own ride home, do not let him know where you live

By using your best judgment, making sure you talk with them before you meet them, and maybe interview them a bit as part of your conversations.

Most guys on dating sites is 1 or the other. Either they want to have fun, by that, just want sex. OR. They want a serious relationship.