What’s the point of eating plant based meat?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It gives you the feeling of meat, but you are not killing an animal to eat it. For the record, I love plant based meats. 

• 3 weeks ago

It's just to give vegetarians and vegans the feel of eating meat without eating actual meat or contributing to animal cruelty. It's basically just a novelty. Vegetarians and vegans sometimes feel left out. Contrary to popular belief, they're not a serious part of any vegetarian or vegan's diet. 

• 4 weeks ago

If it's plant based, it's not meat. 

Meat substitutes are handy for cooking easily with

• 4 weeks ago

I have NO idea.

I’ve never really understood fake sugars, fake fats, fake cheeses.

Fortunately I don’t have any allergies or food restrictions, but if I did, I think I’d find plenty of lovely, simple, healthy things that were attractive, uncomplicated and learn to simply live with the stuff I am not supposed to eat.

But I am, admittedly, weird.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

why do u care what other people eat? whats the point??

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There is no point to eat plant-based meat. Matter of fact, if it doesn't come from a slaughtered farm animal, it ain't meat. That means plant-based meat is not even real meat.

If you want to eat meat, eat the real thing, or don't bother.

Fake meats are made to entice us meat eaters into going vegan, or so I'm told. I'm not interested in going vegetarian or vegan. I have no intention, and no desire, to go vegetarian or vegan. Why would I even want to eat fake meats, when I can have real meat?

Not to mention, I'm not swayed by vegan propaganda. A little more than 2 years ago, I watched Earthlings to see what the hype was about. I watched it all the way through, and I continue to eat just as much meat - if not more. Earthlings not only does not faze me, it was also a propaganda film with 95% lies and only 5% truth. I've seen pig slaughter videos that are way more gruesome (and much more barbaric/violent - these were pig sacrifices in third world countries) than Earthlings will ever be, and those didn't stop me from eating meat either.

• 4 weeks ago

We get those same benefits. Without eating grass. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There is no point. Meat eaters are still going to eat meat. It is just another  choice for Vegans. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There's no such thing as plant based meat. What do you mean?

• 4 weeks ago

cause vegetarians probably like it better

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.