Is boxing a sin?

I don't know.  Considering the damage that boxers do to each other, maybe it is.

• Adam

It's not a sin. It can be a great tool for fitness and self discipline. Also countless people have reformed their lives with Boxing, a big example being Bernard Hopkins.

After they play the games of boxing with rules and regulations then they forgive each others by embracing ,. Since no one violate the rules of games.

1Cor 9:26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

It appears the apostle Paul as a boxer.  There's nothing wrong with boxing.

• Liz

Not a sin but at Psalm 11:5, we learn that Jehovah “hates anyone who loves violence.” If we choose violent entertainment, we might be showing that we love violence.

Only the way that Charlie Zelenoff does it.

No boxing is not a sin. It's a sport that is quite violent. Anyone who cares about their mind and body should try not to engage in any activity which will cause them harm in the long term. Nevertheless those who struggle to earn a living in order to survive are not liable if they hurt themselves. They are only trying to keep themselves fed, clothed etc. There are some very dumb people with rocks for brains in their head and the only way of success is to be involved in sports which are violent as their means of income. 

Generally speaking people should do what is within their means. There is a video I would like to share about this. See the comments. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j9APxg5X-9NZIMidA...

Source(s): Orthodox Jew

No, it's just dumb.

It is a dumb "sport", getting intentionally beat up in the face.  But not a sin, I don't believe.  All sins are forgiven by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

.

Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

I think it's a bad idea, but it's not a sin in my opinion.