Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Dad doesnt let me sit on his lap anymore?

Hello everybody i am 11 years old and my dad doesnt let me sit on his lap anymore i asked him why and he says its because i will be turning into a young lady soon and when we go out he doesnt let me hold his hand anymore either again i asked him why not and he says its because it will look wrong to other people it will make him look like a weird old man? 

I dont understand because he lets his girlfriend (not my mum) sit on his lap and hold his hand when we go outside why is she allowed to hold his hand in public but im not and why is she allowed to sit on his lap and i am not? Hes my dad 

if you start to rise up while sitting, its time to get up

• trophy

Simple your father is seeing you are hitting puberty and will not be a kid anymore. But holding hands is always ok with ones daughter so the holding hands part is a bit odd of him to not hold your hands. I just think he is a wierd father.

You’re too old now to hold his hand and sit on his lap, that’s something only your dads girlfriend can do. Anyone else think it’s odd that an 11 year old was able to figure out what yahoo answers is, make an account and ask this question? 

Been there - he’s not comfortable with your emerging puberty and is establishing a boundary from before. Not tactful, but best he’s like this and totally unaware 

You are getting the the age of being someones girl friend. Being that grown up, people may see both of you hand in hand and think you two are girlfriend/boyfriend.  And this is wrong of them to think; so you two have to Not show it.  You are getting older! You need to be more responsible for yourself, as your dad is doing for himself and both of you. 

If you are not understanding this yet, pray to GOD and ask GOD for understanding.