Is there a way to leave my job and receive my unemployment benefits I was previously getting? ?

I had just started getting unemployment do to job loss of covid 19. I had gotten a job offer at Ashley’s furniture for “ upholstery manufacturing” which they lied and it turned out to be moving at the heaviest 380lbs dressers loading big shopping trucks. At first I was eager to take the job because they said I’d get 17.50 which turned out to be another lie they are only paying me 16.50. I am only 140lbs and the cost it take to eat enough protein and food to gain muscle is gonna leave me broke at the end of the month. I can’t lift all the things the other guys can. They literally hire anyone I work with a lot of felons that got out of prison from doing hard time I mean the last guy I interviewed and got the job with said he did 27 years. I can not lift and keep up. My body hurts after work and I don’t have the money to pay for all the calorie intake I need. Before this job I was getting decent unemployment my last job payed me more. Is there any way to resign and still get my prior unemployment benefits? 

You have a big enough mouth here - why don't you open your mouth there - ASK for help.  Tell them that you haven't spent the last decade or two in prison where they spend their whole day working out at the prison gym - you haven't got the strength that some of the guys have and you need help.  Don't lift what you cannot comfortably lift.  If you can't do the job, then don't do it.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

Of course not !          

Of course not. Lots of people would not work if they could sit at home and collect money.